All-Ceramic Restorations – Zionsville, IN
Seamless Tooth Repairs for Confidence and Strength
Modern dentistry has brought us the most natural-looking way to improve and repair your smile with metal-free restorations. These restorations not only enhance your health, but they also beautify and strengthen your smile. Dr. Angelo M. Julovich offers all-ceramic restorations at his practice because they not only look just like your natural smile, but they’re also biocompatible, giving you peace of mind that you’re receiving a healthy restoration. We can use these restorations to save your teeth and improve their appearance, giving you a smile that looks and feels great.
What are All-Ceramic Restorations?
Metal has been used in dentistry for decades because it is a strong and affordable material. Even though it provides these benefits, metal is the exact opposite color of your teeth and it’s not biocompatible. Thanks to modern dentistry and Dr. Julovich’s expertise, you can now receive treatments using ceramic, zirconia, or composite resin in place of metal. These restorations include:
- Dental crowns
- Inlays and onlays
Each of these restorations seamlessly blend into your smile while repairing and strengthening the damaged or decayed area of your teeth. If you have a healthy smile but wish to enhance its appearance, contact us today to discuss our cosmetic services.
Benefits of All-Ceramic Restorations
Patients choose all-ceramic restorations for these main reasons:
- Biocompatible: Mercury is one of the metals that composes amalgam—the most common type of metal restoration. For years, there have been health concerns surrounding mercury, making options without it beneficial to those concerned about exposure.
- Strengthens teeth: All-ceramic restorations help support your tooth while also protecting it in the future.
- Improved confidence: Because of their appearance, metal-free restorations allow you the confidence to flash your smile in public without worrying about a mouth full of metal.
- Hypoallergenic: Some patients have metal allergies or sensitivity, which makes all-ceramic restorations the perfect solution.
- Long-lasting: Metal-free restorations can last for over a decade with proper care.
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
Your treatment process will depend on the extent of your decay or damage. Dr. Julovich will carefully examine your affected tooth to recommend the best restoration for you. He will create a personalized treatment plan that better outlines the type of restoration that you need, the process, and the cost.
If you have small cavities or decay, we will use tooth-colored fillings to repair your teeth. However, if there is more extensive damage or decay, Dr. Julovich will recommend dental crowns or bridges. These restorations typically take two appointments to complete, but you’ll be receiving a completely customized repair. During your first visit, Dr. Julovich will remove a small amount of your natural dental structure to accommodate your restoration. After, he will take impressions of the affected area to fabricate your custom crown or bridge. Once it’s made, you’ll come back into our office where we will place and finalize your restoration for a strong, functional, and aesthetically pleasing smile.